Friday, January 18, 2008

past simple & past continius

past simple:

Is used for speak to accions to happened in a moment and is specific for expressions to last time...(yesterday, the day before yesterday, last night, last week, last year...)

When I was young I lived in Madrid
past continius:
it's forms with the past of the verb sees + the gerund of the verb that is wanted to conjugate.
and it's used for:
  • In order to express an action that was being developed in the past but and we do not have information of its end [It was raining]
  • In order to express two actions that are developed simultaneously [I was reading the newspaper while I was walking home ]
  • In order to express two actions that are developed in the past, one of which had its beginning before the other [When I arrived John was talking on the phone]

credits:

english.baladre.org/sedaviwebfront/pastsimplecontinuous.htm

www.lamansiondelingles.com

No comments: